Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend Update

It's a shame how fast weekends go by, even with the extra hour from daylight savings it still did not seem to be enough. I felt like I blinked my eyes and it was Sunday night.

Friday, Halloween night, we had so many trick or treaters. It was our first Halloween in our condo and we were so excited to see all the kids with their crazy costumes running up and down our street.

I sat on our steps because running up and down the stairs felt like a workout after a while.


mmmm Candy

My legs were pretty tired after the amazing Halloween themed spin class I took that afternoon. It felt good to exercise post 50k and get my endorphins pumping.


Our awesome instructors

I woke up Saturday morning ready to go on an 8 mile run. I thought I was recovering well. Little did I know, my body had different plans. I got about 2 miles from my place and felt exhausted. I was so tired I turned around and could barely finish the run home. I actually walk/ran for a bit. 

What happened? I was fine last night, right? I tried to think of what could be going on with me and I realized my nutrition has been totally off. I didn't have a great breakfast that morning and my diet this past week has been all over the place.  

I looked back at my nutrition plan from my nutritionist and did some major grocery shopping to get some good food for my body and made sure to eat well for the rest of the weekend. 

Sunday morning I was up early to watch the NYC Marathon. 



Peanut tried to stay awake with me but it was much too early for her.




It was such an intense race with the strong head wind, even the elites struggled to stay on pace. I was thrilled to see Meb Keflezighi take fourth overall for the men with a time of 2:13:18. My other favorite, Kara Goucher, did not have the race she wanted to run with a time of 2:37:03. It was so emotional seeing her cry the last few meters of the marathon. I feel like we've all felt what she was going through at that moment.





NYC was her first marathon since Boston 2013, after leaving Nike and joining Oiselle. As a result of the rough conditions, she admitted to "hitting a wall" for the first time in her career. You can watch here very emotional interview here


I felt inspired to run after seeing her finish and had a glorious 6 mile trail run by myself. I think having the right fuel inside made all the difference. The weather in San Diego was perfect this weekend with highs in the low 60s. 





After the run, my boyfriend and I drove out to Julian, Ca for the usual fall festivities. We picked up some Julian apple pie, apple donuts, and spice apple cider. 






Lastly, I wanted to share these awesome mini pizzas I made for a work potluck today. I found the recipe from Maratha Stewart. They are super easy to make but more importantly super delicious! For the recipe and video click here







Thanks for listening about my weekend! Hope everyone has a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment