Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fresh

November 19th- Fresh

Fresh. What a wonderful word. A clean slate. A chance to start over.


Fresh fall flowers from the local Trader Joe's to add to my autumn decorations. 


Fresh legs after a two day rest post half marathon. 


I'm officially in my "off season". The Avenger's Half Marathon was my last race of the year and I'm not registered for another race until February.  I'm still undecided about a spring race. I'm not sure whether I should run a full marathon or a half marathon and focus on my speed work. Just today I was thinking, "Maybe I should run another 50k this spring"... I'm very indecisive.

 Living in San Diego we won't have a true winter and it's very easy to run all year round. Our weather is amazing and I should not even think about complaining, but it doesn't help with possible over-training and break-less training cycles. 

I'm also undecided what "type" of runner I am. Do I want to constantly work on my speed and run road races? Maybe it is more of my "thing" to just run far and possibly try for a 50 miler within the next year. I'm torn between the roads and trails and hope I'll never have to choose one exclusively. 

I'm going to use my off season as fresh start. I'll work on strength training, get out on bike, have lots of shorter"naked" runs, and try decide where I want to be this time next year with my races. 

Hope you had a great Wednesday! Hummp Dayyy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment