Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Taper Can Make You a Little Crazy....

Tapering is difficult. Most people would think that the hardest part of training would be long runs or intense speed work sessions, but for me the taper seems to be the most challenging.  

I guess I'm just a really proactive person and I constantly want to be working towards my goals. Tapering feels like sitting back and letting my fitness slip away. I tell myself this isn't true. Taper will allow my body the rest it needs to kill it on race day... I just have to believe it. 

Taper can also make you do really crazy things....

Like dress up your cats for Halloween! 
Peanut the Unicorn!

Chloe-Shark and Peanut-Unicorn :)
With all this free time on my hands, I finally had a chance to add some fall touches to the condo.




I also felt inspired to bake pumpkin muffins for my co-workers to help us ease into Monday morning.


I added some pumpkin cream cheese from Trader Joe's and adorable leaf sprinkles.


Taper workouts for the week...

Monday- 5 miles

Tuesday- OFF, sports massage :)

Wednesday- 3 miles

Thursday- OFF

Friday- OFF

Saturday- 20 minute shake out run

Sunday- Lake Hodges 50k! 

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment