Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

How Not To Have a Bad Day

On Tuesday, October 21st I had a bad day. From the moment I woke up, I had a little dark cloud following me. Have you ever had one of those days where everything is going wrong? Of course I'm being a tad bit dramatic, but lets learn from some of my mistakes to enjoy most days from now on...

Rough day in Progress

1. Don't skip your workout the night before. Yup, I skipped mine. My boyfriend wanted to run with me after work so I promised him I'd wait to hit the trails until he got home. While I was waiting, I fell into a deep sleep dressed in my running clothes. To my dismay, he let me sleep and I finally woke up at 8:00pm!! I just assumed he would wake me up when he got in the door. Needless to say, it was dark and we still needed to eat dinner. The run never happened. Boooo.

The run we missed.

2. Don't wake up late because you hit "snooze" one too many times. Don't, just don't do it. You never feel any better staying in bed an extra 10-20 minutes. I ended running around the condo like a crazy person, tripping over one of the cats and forgetting my coffee on the counter. The fear of being late brings out of a whole lunatic side of me. I get serious road rage.  It such a crappy way to start your day. 

Don't do it!

3. Don't skip breakfast, it only sets you up for failure. I am not a happy camper when I have low blood sugar. My brain is in a flog and it makes working in a lab really difficult. I'm much more prone to make mistakes that could potential harm my experiments. Luckily, I have my work bestie to double check my work or I'd be in t.r.o.u.b.l.e. 

Bagel with peanut butter, banana, and a touch of honey,,. my favorite.


Two things that turned my day around... 

 1. Starbucks vent session at lunch with my work bestie. If you guys don't have a best friend at work, I highly recommend you start finding one. Work friends are the greatest. They are always there for you if you're super stressed or really bored. They make coming to work a lot better and you always have a friend at lunch time. 

This is my work bestie, Bae- not Bei. Silly, Starbucks
2. Seriously decorating the office for Halloween. If you haven't noticed by now, I REALLY like decorating!



No more bad days!

1 comment:

  1. Aw haha such a cute grump though!! :P Work besties really are the best! <3 you :)

    ReplyDelete