Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Here goes nothing!

It's the night before the 50k....

I've done all my usual marathon prep. I've laid out my running outfit with all my fuel. I've drank copious amounts of water and Nunn and constantly checked my pee. I've eaten so many carbs I don't know if I could even look at another bagel the same way again... just kidding bagels are like my favorite food ever and that will never happen.


I took it easy today and hardly moved from the couch. I only left the condo twice... so different from my usual busy weekend days.

I know I'm physically and hopefully mentally ready.

While looking the Lake Hodges 50k page, I decide to look up the results from last year's run. So many people ran AMAZING races. Times that were faster than my marathon PR by HOURS! I started to freak out.
Can I really do this?? Am I crazy? Why wasn't it good enough for me to stop at the marathon distance?

Then I remember- THIS IS MY RACE. I run my own race. If I feel great- awesome. If I don't- oh well. It's my first 50k and I'm going to go out there and have fun walking some monster hills (well, only 2 really).

Here goes nothing! Hopefully the next time I post I will be an ULTRA-MARATHONER .

No comments:

Post a Comment