Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Family & Christmas Tree

December 13th- Family

I see my family next week and I can not be more excited!

Christmas is the best because all the cousins are together.


It's funny how as we get older our friends become our family, especially when we live far from home. My poor sister from another mister, Bae, broke her baby toe on Thursday night. We hung out all day Saturday preparing for our favorite holiday, since she couldn't participate in a previously planned paintball outing with her husband and friends. I was more than happy to steal her for the Saturday.

I started the day off with a spin class at the Rush. It was my first time exercising post sickness and it felt great. I'm glad I waited till I was feeling 100% better. I also tackled my Holiday Workout Challenge... 120 squats, 40 sec plank, and 35 (on my knee/girl) push-ups.

Post spin class sweatiness.


I spotted a sweet rainbow on my way to spin that I have to share. You can almost see all 7 colors.


Bae and I finished wrapping all of our Christmas presents and I made cookie-in-a-jar presents for our co-workers!





How to make them....

Half quart mason jars
Christmas ribbon
Christmas stickers for decorating
Gift tags
Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge cake mix
Chrsitmas M&Ms

Empty half of the cake mix into the jar and fill the M&Ms.
Decorate the jar. :)
On the tag write the following cooking instructions:
Beat together 2 eggs and 1/2 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil in medium bowl.
Pour in entire contents of jar, and stir well with spoon.
Chill dough for 20 minutes in the refrigerator prior to baking.
Then, drop onto ungreased non-stick cookie sheet in rounded balls.
Bake for approx. 8 – 9 minutes at 350 degrees.

Feel free to steal this idea! It's a simple, cheap, and adorable gift for friends.

December 14th- Christmas Tree

One of my favorite things to do back East is visit Rockefeller Center and see the Christmas Tree.

2013 Tree




Today started off with a chilly 7 mile run and at-home recovery yoga. Serious marathon training starts January 3rd! I've really missed long runs.

Later, Huan and I braved the mall and picked up the last items on our Christmas lists. It was crazy out there but we made out unscathed.

To destress post shopping, I set up my road bike on the trainer so I can ride and watch TV. I really wish I had more time to ride outside. The lack of sunlight during the winter is killing me. I felt much more active in the summer.


I made pretty sweet Christmas brownies (straight from the box and added left over M&Ms) and rode while they were in the oven. I'm a multitasker at heart.


Tomorrow starts by last week of work before vacation! I pray it goes by fast. :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Talk to you soon! xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for always keeping me company :):):) Can't wait to get my cookie jar! They look totes adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete