Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Why are bad runs so bad?


Bad runs. Yes, we all get them and I had a particular bad one yesterday.

I had been killing my workouts recently. Seriously, I was feeling stronger, faster, and even was feeling slimmer in my running clothes.

Here's my workouts for the past 2 weeks....

Thursday 1/1/15- 4 miles (tempo) and + spin class
Friday 1/2/15- 3 miles (easy)
Saturday 1/3/15- First day at SD Track Club 3 miles and spin class
Sunday 1/4/15- 6 miles (easy) + recovery yoga

Monday 1/5/15- 6 miles (tempo)
Tuesday 1/6/15- spin class
Wednesday 1/7/15- 3 miles (easy) + spin class
Thursday 1/8/15- 6 miles (tempo) + spin class
Friday 1/9/15- spin class
Saturday 1/10/15- 5 miles with SD Track Club
Sunday 1/11/15- spin class

Monday 1/12/15- 6 miles (tempo) + spin class
Tuesday 1/13/15- 4 miles (temp) + recovery yoga
Wednesday 1/14/15- BAD RUN 4 miles + spin class

Well, thank goodness for writing my workouts down. It's pretty obvious I've become obsessive with spin class and not following a real set schedule yet. I feel more advanced than the training program I was given to by our coaches and kinda went AWOL. Not to mention I haven't taken a rest day this month. Ok, so I got carried away and my body told me it had enough with a really bad run.

My really good friend, Madelynne, sent this great bit of advice...



Ok, I get it. Today will be a rest day instead of running and spinning. No sense getting injured before the season even begins.

On a happy note, I entered the lottery for the New York City Marathon today! I'm not really counting on getting selected. I have tried for the past 2 years with no success. There's always Marine Corps Marathon or Chicago for a fall race.


One good thing about taking the night off... I got pretty far in the book I'm currently reading.


Don't judge me! Ok, you can judge a little but I just adore a love story. :)

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment