Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year & New Beginnings!

Hi! I'm back!

Yes, I took a short unexpected break from blogging over the holidays. Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa or just family time. :)

Christmas we spent in NJ with my family and New Year's Eve we enjoyed an amazing dinner at Bijou in La Jolla.


I always love a new year with a fresh start. One of my main goals this year is to have a marathon PR and focus on speed work and strength training, which I tend to shy away from in training cycles.



My friends and I have join the San Diego Track Club to train for spring races. I'm going to be running the Mountains2Beach Marathon in Ventura, California on May 24th.

Saturday was our first day of Track Club!


Bae and I also signed up as a team to conquer 2,015 miles in 2015. Have you heard of this from run the edge? One of the founders is Kara Goucher's husband, Adam Goucher! (Insert Fan Girl squeal here.) It's such a great way to stay motivated all year long.


So far we're off to a great start with 16 miles.1,999 to go!. Bae, sadly, still can't run till the 26th (fingers crossed) due to her broken baby toe. I have no problem carrying the team for January, :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Back to work tomorrow... booooooo

Happy trails :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being the mileage mule this month!! (And let's be honest-most months hahaha) love youuu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, mileage mule, I love that. Can't wait to see how your training for Mountains2Beach goes!! Rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete