Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Life Lately 2/6/15-2/13/15

Hi friends!

This past week has been filled with fun & workouts per usual. Bae and I have been nailing this Yoga Six challenge and I'm still managing to fit my runs. All and all, its been a good week here in sunny San Diego. We're very fortunate to have some of the best weather in the county right now.

Friday 2/6/15- Slow Flow Yoga @ Yoga Six

Saturday 2/7/15- Y60 Classic and Deep Stretch Yoga @ Yoga Six

I cheered on my good friend, Amy, at the Mermaid Half Marathon on Mission Bay on Saturday! She returned the favor later that weekend at the San Dieguito Half. Runner friends are the best.

Go Amy!

I highly recommend this race if you're trying to PR. It's flat and beautiful, plus the race medal is a necklace!

Race Necklace


Sunday 2/8/15- San Dieguito Half Marathon & 1.5 hour endurance ride @ The RUSH

At the Start of San Dieguito Half Marathon


The San Dieguito Half Marathon is a great run and very beautiful. However, it's a challenging and hilly course. I ran it as a training run rather than a race, which was a little upsetting. I'm not ready to be racing half marathons at this point in my training. 

The course runs through some of the most expensive neighborhoods in San Diego County and I found myself dreaming of lavish lifestyles as I trudged up hills. Every year at mile marker 1.5/11.5 an older woman dresses up as the Queen of England and cheers runners on with British accent. She was pretty delightful to see during the race. Amy met me at mile 9 and gave me a boost to power on to the end. When I finally saw my boyfriend at the finish and I gave him a big sweaty hug. I always think of him during the last few miles and can't wait for our embrace. He always tells me he is proud of me even when I don't think I ran my best and I love him for that. 

San Dieguito Half Marathon Elevation
Monday 2/9/15- Slow Flow Yoga @ Yoga Six
Tuesday 2/10/15- TRACK at Balboa Stadium with SDTC 4 x 5 min @ threshold pace with 30 sec break in between 

I'm really starting to enjoy Track practices with SDTC. It's one of my goals this season to become faster and I'm determined to avoid the couch and brave the traffic every Tuesday night to make it to Balboa Stadium.




Wednesday 2/11/15- Rest day and the wonderful Carmel at Maida gave me some new hair. I love having a fresh new cut and color. We tried to do a natural look and she used a picture of me from when I was 10 years old as a guide. I'm really digging this new balayage technique.


Thursday 2/8/15- 4.5 mile Trail run at Lake Hodges with Bae and Jon- Marc

It was dry and hot but we still had a great time and enjoyed the scenery.





This weekend's update will have to go into a new post. Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day and weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment